Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Just Get This Started

We are sometimes given projects that require us to learn something new, fun and exciting at the library and I am always ready and willing to participate in anything new that comes my way. So when I found out about a project that NEFLIN (which stands for Northeast Florida Library Information Network) has started called 23 Things @ NEFLIN, I was surprised by myself. I was not as excited as I should have been. I know, I know, shame on me, but at first I thought it would be difficult to just come up with something off the top of my head to "blog" about.
My personality is the type, though, that makes the best out of most situations. So I started thinking about what is it about my job that I enjoy the most. Above all, I truly enjoy helping out patrons and empowering them with the tools to come into the library and make the most out of their visit. That means making our patrons independent enough to find the their own books, renew their items themselves using the online catalog, overall just giving them as much information about our services so that when they need something their first thought is to come to library to get their information.
So, most of my blogging is for you . . .
if you want to know more about the library services offered,
if you want to know how to get that book that we don't have,
if you just want to find a phone number or person,
if you want to go to one "spot" and find out what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, or what is going on in the world around us, or what the stocks look like,
if you want to go to one place for your needs than this will be the blogspot for you. This blog is designed to help anyone who is willing to learn something new, used and blue. Okay, maybe not something blue, after all I am the happy & helpful librarian (assistant)! Needless to say, this project has redirected my determination to share as much information about the library services available and provide a tool for our users to link with the online community.

No comments:

Post a Comment